Please note date changes below.
As you know all underground construction for the Woburn to Wakefield Line Project in Wakefield is complete. Again, we thank you for your cooperation and patience as we completed this important work.
Our next step is to install the new cables. Please note that there is no excavation expected to be involved during the cable installation process. Our current schedule is as follows:
- 12/7 to 12/10: Cable installation from Montrose Avenue to Salem Street (near Chapman Road)
- 12/12 to 12/15: Cable installation from Salem Street (near Chapman Road) to Salem Street (near Tyler Lane)
- 1/4 to 1/10: Cable installation from Salem Street (near Tyler Lane) to Salem Street (near Patriots Circle)
- 1/11 to 1/14: Cable installation from MBTA Right-of- Way (near Salem Street) to MBTA Right-of-Way (near New Salem Street)
- 1/16 to 11/19: Cable installation from Salem Street (near Patriots Circle) to MBTA Right-of-Way (near Salem Street)
Please continue to exercise caution when approaching these active work areas to minimize risks to personal safety, and to avoid any interference with construction. The cable installation schedule is as follows: Monday through Saturday from 7:00AM to 7:00 PM.
As a friendly reminder, as part of the agreement between National Grid and the Town of Wakefield, National Grid has committed to funding curb-to-curb restoration of the project route. The Wakefield DPW has agreed to take over responsibility of the restoration and management schedule. We kindly ask drivers and those on foot to exercise caution when approaching these active work areas to minimize risks to personal safety, and to avoid any interference with construction.
Please know that we remain committed to prioritizing public health as well as the health of employees and contractors. National Grid has taken several steps to modify our business practices and daily operations to protect the communities in which we work. We have enacted additional policies and guidelines for our field and office personnel that are in line with the Commonwealth’s Guidelines and Procedures for construction as well as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s guidelines
For more information about National Grid’s response to COVID-19, please visit: ngrid.com/covid-19.
As always, if you have questions about any of our current or upcoming work, please feel free to contact a member of our project outreach team by emailing us at email@example.com, or by calling our project hotline 1-844-646-8427.
*Please note, due to the complexities of outdoor construction, schedule is subject to change